Sunday, July 8, 2012

It's time to play...

We are slowly coming to the end of our two week wait and we have been chomping at the bit. S has been going through some changes and her body is talking to her in ways that neither she nor I have been accustomed to. But how do we know that it's pregnancy and not something else? Well we don't. As usual we've been reading books and the internet and blogs to see if these changes are early signs of pregnancy. You're probably asking what these symptoms are and if they really ARE early signs of pregnancy? Well let me introduce you to a little game that S and I have been playing called...

We're either pregnant or We're not

In this game we will give you certain scenarios that have given us hope but also left us confused. Can they be signs of pregnancy or bodily changes due to the hormones. You be the judge as we play We're either pregnant or we're not...

 
Pregnancy scenario #1:
S's breasts have been tender starting a couple of days after the second insemination
Same scenario:
The tenderness last for about five days and while they have come back, tenderness is also a sign that her cycle is starting.
Pregnant or not?!?

Pregnancy scenario #2:
S is terribly exhausted and takes little cat naps as often as she can
Same scenario:
The hormones she's taking (even the small dosages) are causing her to be tired
Pregnant or not?!?

Pregnancy scenario #3:
S's emotions have been all over the place and she even cries
Same scenario:
Another symptom of hormone injections
Pregnant or not?!?

I could go on and on and give you more symptoms (constipation, indigestion, abnormal appetite, headaches, and a not so sunny personality *love you babe!) But what we have come to realize is that while these symptoms give us hope they don't necessarily mean she's pregnant. For all we know this could be in our heads.

But I hold out hope. I rub S's belly and talk to it almost everyday. There may not be a baby in there but if there is I want our baby to know Me from the very beginning. I want our baby to know that I love it with all of my heart and I am helping him/her to grow and come out into this world. I talk to God every day and thank him for all of the blessings that we've been given. Even when things don't work out the way that we want it's all for the greater good.

So regardless of whether there's a baby in there or not, I've always got S's back.

No comments:

Post a Comment