Sunday, July 1, 2012

That's what E said

The post below was wholly and completely drafted by 12 year old mini E.  Though her views are solely expressed, they are 100% endorsed by me and K...

When I first heard that S was yearning to have a baby I was really surprised and shocked.  I didn't know what to think at first but once I understood that my parents were serious then I got excited and very happy because I always wanted a sibling very badly since I was about 8. Some kids, like me, who were only children for most of their lives have trouble sharing but I don't think that I have a problem with that. My parents didn't have to tell me how they were going to get S pregnant, I just somehow caught on that they would need to go to the doctor to make this happen since they can't make a baby together.

We started talking about names for the baby and came up with a really good one. However about right after a certain songstress took the name for her newborn baby we decided to change it.  I was really disappointed for a while then time passed and we came up with other wonderful names.

S had to go to many doctor visits and there were only about two that I went to before I said this was enough.  I am glad that I got to experience and observe the baby-making process however, two visits is enough.  S is presently in try number two and the family all agrees that this is the lucky one.  We are all being very positive and confident. The doctor visits that I went to were very odd and I have to admit a little gross.  Especially the one where the nice nurse had to inject the sperm in S. However, the ultrasound where they had to look at S eggs wasn't that bad.  The only thing that was uncomfortable was that the nurses kept sticking foreign objects in S private part.  The highlights were the baby pictures in the hospital (That's really the only thing though).  I am very happy and can't wait until the fun parts like holding the baby and my favorite BABY CLOTHES (baby clothes look like mini people clothes). MY fashion sense will no doubt rub off on my baby sister or brother.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Guys! Thanks so much for your blog as it certainly is an education. I, too. was knocked off my feet when I read that S was feeling "broodie" (an English phrase that comes from brooding hens on the nest - I love the phrase because it catches the emotional content of the feeling...wanting a baby badly). Love you all so much and I wish I could be there to lend support. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will happen quickly for you. <3

    ReplyDelete